- medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- 2 Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- 3 Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.